8 things about mePosted: January 9, 2008 | |
- I’m the oldest child in the family. I have three siblings. The youngest just celebrated his 3rd birthday.
- One of my first jobs was as a fortune teller. I mostly read tarot cards, but tea leaves were also quite popular. Telling people they will get rich is a good way to get higher tips.
- My husband is a mountain bike racer. This is quite confusing because I clearly remember dating a starving musician and then marrying a Linux kernel hacker.
- I don’t watch TV and I see maybe two movies a year. I’m not sure why other people enjoy watching moving pictures that much.
- I’m obsessive about scientific method in general and statistics in particular. I blame a particularly good biology teacher I had in high school. I can talk for hours about how the media is misleading everyone whenever science or numbers are concerned, and I can be very harsh with co-workers who run tests or benchmarks that generate meaningless data.
- My father is a dentist. His wife is a dentist too. And her sister, and also the husband of her sister. My grandfather was not a dentist, he was a biology professor researching dental diseases.
- I don’t have kids and I don’t want any. I’m pretty sure that sooner or later instinct will kick in and I’ll change my minds, so I try to have as much fun as possible while I can.
- I enjoy drinking Belgian beers, Sake and the recently legalized Absinthe. I used to worry that I drink too much, but ever since I moved to the US I’m worried that I drink too little.